Table of Contents
Is Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Compatible With Windows 10?
You must have searched real hard on Google for your solutions before you reached our site, right? Are you having a tough time with your Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Problems in windows 10? Then you must definitely have it fixed up right away.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 is known to be one of the topmost used voice recognition software today; it is popularly used by many users.
This is Windows dictation software that makes it easier to eliminate the stress of typing and easing work. In the content below you will find all the answers to the problems faced with your Dragon Naturally Speaking.
Important Note: Before you begin with the instructions below you should first make sure that you update your Dragon Speaking Naturally to the latest version and Windows 10.
Steps For Solve Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Problems on Your Windows 10
If you face any problem regarding Dragon Natural Speaking 13 Problems in windows 10, then you can call on our Dragon Support Number and you will get help to rectify the problems related to your Dragon Natural Speaking software.
Turn Off Compatibility Mode
The following are the steps to Solve Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 problems using Windows 10:
- Firstly, you should start by locating Dragon Naturally Speaking shortcut and then right-click on it.
- Next, you would need to choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- And now you got to navigate to the ‘Compatibility’ tab, locate the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for section’ and then just uncheck it.
- After doing so, you just need to click on the OK button to save the changes made and then you should try running the application again.
Note: According to some users the latest version of Dragon Naturally Speaking on Windows 10 doesn’t really need the ‘Compatibility mode’ in order for it to run correctly.
Therefore if you want you could choose to disable the ‘Compatibility mode’ using the steps given above.
However, if you do not have the ‘Compatibility mode’ turned on then you may need to try running the application or installing it by using the ‘Compatibility mode’.
Note: Well if you have the key/license of the program and you cannot fix the problem then as recommended you should go to the official website and get in touch with the team.
You do not need to reinstall another version until you are sure that it will work with your license/key.
Don’t run natspesk.exe as administrator
Follow the steps below as instructed to run natspesk.exe as administrator
- You need to first locate natspesk.exe you should find it located in your Dragon Naturally Speaking installation directory.
- And now you will need to right-click on natspesk.exe and then choose ‘Properties’.
- After that, you must go to the ‘Compatibility’ tab and uncheck the ‘Run as administrator’ button.
- Next, you would need to click on the ‘Apply’ button and then on OK to save the changes made.
- At last, you got to restart your computer and then try running the application again.
Now if turning the compatibility mode off didn’t help solve the issue then you should try ‘NOT” running natspesk.exe as administrator.
Choose to Use Headphones
This is so, as headphones with ‘Audio Jacks’ are quite outdated and are also being replaced slowly by the USB versions that have more compatibility and it does not require separate jacks for the microphone and headphones.
Several users have also reported using USB headphones to fix the problems with Dragon Speaking Naturally software; therefore you might want to try using USB headphones to see if the dragon naturally speaking 13 problems is resolved.
As suspected the software might be having problems with the ‘Audio Jack’ and switching to a USB will definitely help fix the issue as USB ports are found to be more versatile.
Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 On The New Edge Browser
Microsoft’s Edge is the new browser which are pre-install on Windows 10. There are no published APIs for developers such as Nuance that would enable it to do advanced integration with Edge. In this case, customers can do basic dictation into edit controls in an Edge browser.
Users may not be able to use full-text controls or other advanced voice commands using Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 on Windows 10
Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 support other browsers, like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer on Windows 10 like they were using it on Windows 7 and 8/8.1.
Users may not be able to use voice commands to control the new features in Windows 10. The new feature on Windows 10 like the new Start menu which was not available in Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1.
A Brief Description of Dragon 13 Home
The product Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Home speech recognition is well-known, and it allows its users to get more tasks done daily on the computer. The users can quickly and accurately get work done just by using their voice.
This is a fun and easy way for turning their spoken words into text three times faster than typing is and executes simple voice commands for big productivity gains.
Using Dragon 13 you can dictate and edit documents, send email, search the web and use social media with unmatched speed and comfort.
The users can accomplish so much more on their PC faster than they ever thought they could. So now just stop typing and start speaking only.
Overview of the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13
This product has proven to be one of the fastest and most accurate speech recognition software where the users can interact using their computer which dramatically will boost their personal productivity and help them to realize their potential.
You can speak three times faster than that typing and therefore using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 you only need to speak, and your words will appear on your screen.
This way you will be able to work much faster than using only keyboard and mouse. Not only does this software deliver high speech recognition accuracy right out of the gate.
But it also learns the words and phrases you speak most often, and even spells difficult words and proper names accurately .
Complete freedom and flexibility
Nowadays we know that computers are more portable and lightweight than before thus making it easy to carry them with you anytime anywhere for on-the-go productivity.
The software enables users to use their computers in a comfortable, ergonomic way without even having to use the keyboard and mouse.
Now dictating documents, launching the application, selecting the menu items, executing key functions, and switching from one window to another are made very easy just by using voice commands.
This product even supports microphones that are built into many of the latest laptops for flexibility and convenience. Hence you can now dictate documents and speak commands directly to your laptop without having to use a headset.
Easy to start and Master
Dragon 13 is the easiest way to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly when used regularly.
It is very simple to explore the advanced features that help to boost your productivity further. Additionally, it provides a fast, easy setup, helpful tutorials, and intuitive access to a rich and powerful feature set.
It also enables you to experience the benefits of speech recognition right away as well as to realize the ever-increasing productivity gains the more it is used.
What’s New? – Several top new features in Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13
More Accurate Version
- It is 15% more out-of-the-box accuracy than Dragon 12, this means that Dragon gets you and you can easily get tasks done more smoothly and quickly than before.
- You can learn from the ‘Sent Email Tool’ now which works with web-based emails such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
- Then you also have more sources that help to let Dragon familiarize itself with the words and phrases that you write or speak.
- Next, the new ‘Vocabulary Editor’ interface helps to make it easy to search Dragon vocabulary and to add new words as well as customize every word’s unique property.
- It also lets you search not only the written forms but the spoken forms even.
- Then the ‘Smart Format Rules’ enhancements offer more hints for alternative word written forms.
- It even adapts better upon detecting the format correction, abbreviations, numbers, etc. so that your dictated text tools look just how you want them.
Speedy than before
- As fast processors yield faster performance Dragon 13 also continues to enhance its ability to choose models and parameters that depend on your computer’s resources.
Simple to Setup
Due to the improved out-of-the-box accuracy Dragon 13 Home Speech Recognition Software profile creation is now even shorter than Dragon 12.
- Starting with the first profile, it assigns the profile name rather than asking to enter a name and you can rename the profile later.
- There’s no need to read four minutes of text anymore because Dragon 13 is already accurate right out of the box.
- It also no longer asks to adapt to its vocabulary based on documents and emails during the profile creation. And if you like you could also launch the analysis later on.
A Simplified Audio Setup
- The software detects the best audio devices that are available automatically so that you can simply select one of the recommended devices that you want to use.
- Then the microphone check takes about a few seconds with only one screen of easy-to-read text.
Effortless to use than before
This makes Dragon 13 more intuitive and easy to use, so it has been given a facelift.
- DragonBar: This clearly indicated controls and automatically collapses when not in use, taking less real estate on the screen and use it to customize its behavior.
- Now if you are existing users you are more comfortable using the classic DragonBar and you can easily switch back to it.
- Learning Center was previously called Dragon Sidebar: It has been redesign and enhance to get work done faster.
- The top panel, open by default, contains essential commands and advice that automatically changes as you switch contexts to different applications.
- The ‘Interactive Tutorial’ enhancements: It has been redesign and augment.
- Its shorts, progressive simulations now introduce the DragonBar, the Learning Center, the Vocabulary Editor, important options, and basic Web navigation and uses of Web-based email.
- This is automatically view at the end of the profile creation process.
Make use of the Internal Mic
- The Dragon 13 supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility as well as convenience.
- The users are free to dictate and speak commands directly into the laptop without having to use a headset. And for the most accurate results, it is recommendthat you do the following when you use the internal mic.
- You must keep your consistent distance from the computer’s mic.
- You also need to minimize the ambient noise so that it does not pick up stray sounds.
Experience with the Web
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Home supports complete ‘Text Control’ along with enhanced Command Control, with Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.,
- To use Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 with the supported browsers, you will need to first enable the Dragon 13 browser add-on.
- It also has full ‘Text Control’ in text fields on the web that include Gmail, Yahoo! Mail as well as Outlook.com provided in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9 or higher, with an enhance experience while dictating, editing, and formatting.
- The software also supports the application versions mentioned below with Full-Text Control:
- WordPerfect X7
- Open Office Writer 4.1
System Requirements for Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Software
You should know that the installation process checks if your system meets the minimum requirements. If the requirement are not meet then ‘Dragon NaturallySpeaking’ will not be install.
We recommend minimum 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor.
Processor Cache –
2 MB L2 Cache is recommend.
Supported Operating Systems –
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8 and 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
Random Access Memory(RAM)
- minimum of 2 GB for 2-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2008.
- minimum of 4 GB for 64-bit versions of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012.
The Free hard disk space
- If installing from a download then three times as much space is initially require.
- The sound card supports – 16-bit recording.
- And a DVD-ROM drive is require for installation.
- Then there must be a nuance-approve noise-canceling headset microphone (which is also include with the purchase).
- You can check the details at support.nuance.com/compatibility (it also include USB adapters as well as digital voice recorders).
NOTE: You should keep in mind that an Internet connection is need for automatic product activation.
This post is all about Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Problems on your windows 10. For Further Assistance, you can call us at +1-888-652-9580. You can also connect with us via dragon naturally speaking support. It is our free tech support service.