Table of Contents
How to Install Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition?
Today we will share with you how to Install nuance dragon speech recognition & then we will learn how to train Dragon to understand your voice correctly. The installation process tries to check how to make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements needed for Dragon.
These systems are needed for requirements listed in the information that came with your copy of Dragon. If your system doesn’t meet these requirements, Dragon will not be installed.
Plugging in the Microphone
When trying to use Dragon, you must plug in your microphone. If you’re unsure how long you plug in your microphone or how to plug in your microphone.
Point to be noted: If you use a speaker for your computer, you must use playback recorded speech instead of headphones.
Dragon System Requirements
You need the minimum requirement. If they’re not met, Dragon, Naturally speaking, will not be installed.
Note: Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013 doesn’t more supportive dictation, which is directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
For the EMR Support, you need to use the Dragon Medical Edition front.
RAM: Minimum Ram of 2 GB for 32-bit Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. For 4 GB Ram, need for 64-bit Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 & Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012.
CPU: Minimum: 2.2 GHz Intel® dual-core or any equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
Free hard disk space: 4GB
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8 & 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit; Windows 2008 R2; Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Internet Explorer up to 9 or the updated version of Chrome or Firefox for any Online Help.
- A sound card supports a 16-bit recording.
- A DVD-ROM (Read-only memory) drive for installation.
- A Nuance-approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
- Available Internet connection for the automatic upgrade of product activation (a quick, anonymous process).
Things you have to know before installing Dragon before some custom location:
Usually, Dragon Nuance installation is done in Directory:
- C: Program Files Nuance Naturally Speaking 13
During the installation procedure of Nuance voice recognition, you can choose which Directory you need to install to drive on your machine.
Where you install the Dragon program files, Dragon always seats in different languages (86 Languages)
& vocabularies which you select at the time of installation in the drive to C: Installing voice Recognition of Dragon nuance by creating the location of the user profiles will be made. These profiles consume a large amount of disk space on Drive C:
You can Customize to choose the Disk space used on C: try not to install some unwanted languages & vocab.
Upgrading of Windows 8, 9, and 10 always:
You always need to use of upgraded window for the Installation of Dragon Nuance Recognition; you need to
use an upgraded version of nuance because it has information or is more accessible than the last version.
By Coexistence with other Dragon products:
Coexistence with some previous versions of Dragon- You need to have one understanding of Dragon nuance speech recognition installed in your system.
Running a previous version of Dragon concurrently with Version 13(Thirteen) isn’t supported.
Coexistence with the Dragon SDK (Software Development kit) Client Edition You can install Dragon SDK Client Edition 13(Thirteen) on the same system where Dragon 13(Thirteen) is installed.
In addition to having Dragon 13 & Dragon SDK Client Edition, 13 can share the information of user profiles & vocabulary.
You just can run only one product at one time. So, for example, if you are running Dragon, you can’t run any SDK Client tools or samples.
How to Install Dragon Naturally Speaking or to Install it for multiple user profiles:
1. Insert the Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition DVD into your DVD drive
- If the installation doesn’t start automatically, try to use Windows Explorer to find & double-click setup.exe on the DVD.
2. The Window Installers begins; it installs:
- Visual C++ Versions 9.0 Run-time
3. After the Wizard begins, click (Next) for the proceeding of the License Agreement page. Please read the text & select I accept the terms & then press click Next.
4. Then enter your User Name & Organization, the Serial Number supplied to your installation.
5. If the Setup Type page appears, click the Change button & choose where to install the product.
The default directory is available if no earlier Nuance Dragon speech recognition versions are installed on your system.
C: Program Files Nuance Naturally Speaking
6. While still on the Setup Type page, select Custom for any installation type. For example, suppose you’re trying to do any installation for any of the Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition, the components of any Custom installation. In that case, you must install it later by rerunning any other Setup programs & choosing Modify.
7. Click Next & you see a tree where you can select any particular feature of the product and click the down arrow to its left to choose where/when to install it:
Install now on the local hard drive with all sub-features.
These options help install multiple languages and use various vocabularies.
8. And after it, clicks Next again & if you don’t have the Professional edition of it, try to skip to the next step. Try to choose any checkboxes & under the Additional options to have additional dialog boxes pops-up at the end of the installation, wherever you can make changes that affect all of the users by dictating on this computer.
9. Then Click Next
10. Click Install to start the installation.
11. When the installation completes, try to proceed with any of the following sections that may apply to your custom installation:
- Try to Modifying application for the settings of all users
- Modifying administrative settings
- Modifying formatting options for all users
12. Whenever you need to register under this product, try to select the registration options for it.
13. Then Click Ok for registering the product & click it to proceed again.
14. Then Check Yes, try to check for the program updates after the setup. Attempts to complete for the download of any updates after the design complements & click to Finish after completing the installation.
15. If you chose to upgrade to your user profiles earlier when the message about upgrading your user profiles pops up, then click OK. (After that msg, your system needs to restart, it’ll be complete until it is renewed.)
16. To complete the process, reboot to complete the installation, reboot; rebootputer now.
17. Select Start > All Programs > Dragon NaturallySpeaking > Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The New Dragon Bar appears on your desktop.
18. If you have any user profiles that you like to upgrade before proceeding, try to refer to the Upgrading of User Profiles. Otherwise, if you have no existing upgradable profiles, the Profile Creation of wizard starts immediately & you can try to create a profile as explained in the Creating of your User Profile.
How to Install Dragon NaturallySpeaking without DVD?
Several lightweight notebook computers do not have an optical drive to save weight.
Various applications, such as Microsoft Office, can be downloaded and installed without an optical drive. However, other software, such as Dragon Medical Practice Edition or Dragon NaturallySpeaking, require the use of an optical drive to install from their DVD media.
Dragon, on the other hand, may be installed without DVD media.
Copy the contents of the Dragon DVD media to a USB memory stick (with a minimum 4 GB capacity) or a computer connected to the Ultrabook via a network connection using another computer with an optical drive.
Insert the USB memory stick into the Ultrabook or connect to a network drive with a copy of the Dragon DVD. Start the setup.exe program. The installation should go well.
How to Reinstall Dragon Naturally Speaking?
Dragon Naturally Speaking is voice-activated speech recognition software that allows you to write documents, manage email, and browse the web. Reinstalling the application is the same as installing it for the first time; however, there are specific measures to follow if you need to remove the software beforehand.
It’s critical to notify the software you want to save your voice training files when uninstalling. This is because you had to undergo training when setting up the program. If you properly uninstall, you can skip the voice training after reinstalling.
Uninstall Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Open the Start Menu and select “Control Panel.“
- Click the “Programs and Features” or “Remove/Add Programs” icon.
Locate the “Dragon Naturally Speaking” entry and right-click it. From the pop-up menu, choose “Uninstall.”
Click “Uninstall” or “OK” to confirm the uninstall procedure. When requested to save the voice training files, select “Yes.” The program will be completed in a few minutes. After that, you can reinstall Dragon Naturally Speaking whenever you want.
Reinstall Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Open your computer’s DVD tray. In the tray, place the Dragon Naturally Speaking DVD. Close it gently.
- Follow the on-screen directions and enter the serial number when required. The serial number can be found on the documentation that came with the box.
- Click “Next” after selecting the “Typical/Complete” installation method. To finish reinstalling the software, choose the “QuickStart” option and click “Next” a couple more times before clicking “Finish.”
- To activate the program license, click “Activate Now.”
FAQ: Nuance Dragon Speech Recognition
Answer – In the consumer variants of Dragon voice recognition, such as the Home and Premium Editions, Nuance only provides one license. As a result, you can install Dragon on one computer only.
Answer – Before receiving a license error, you can install Dragon® Naturally Speaking v13 Professional and Legal editions on up to four PCs.
Answer – Go to the software’s profile on your old computer. You can go to the software’s profile. You can find it in the toolbar. Then, save the old files to an external hard drive – You can choose the profile you wish to transmit to the outer disc and then send it.
Answer – Installing Dragon Medical One on any PC takes roughly 2 minutes.
Thanks for visiting here; I hope you like it. If anyone has queries about nuance dragon speech recognition, don’t forget to comment. Our support team always tries to respond to others.