Here you will find a quick guide on the Limitations of Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 ’Web Extension Feature’. You’ve only got to read along and get to know the relevant information provided to you in this blog.
The Limitations of Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 Web Extension Feature:
- There are a few Dragon Web Extensions that are available in Web browsers and versions. Below is mentioned the list of the Web Browser;
- Mozilla Firefox, 29 and later version.
- Google Chrome.
- Internet Explorer, 9, 10, and 11 version.
- Now in case you are not using any of the browsers mentioned above, you can still use the existing capabilities for commands and diction of Dragon as well. However, this would be without using the full-text control benefit.
- You should know that the functions of Dragon differ from web browsers to web browsers. As an example; you cannot select Chrome, hyperlinks by name and commands such as the ‘Refresh page’ option cannot be used. So for using such actions, you are recommended to use global commands like mouse commands or press commands on the keyboard.
The list of Limitations for Dragon Web Extensions on Supported Browsers:
- Here you will find that the playback option is limited to the present dictation of the current field in Web applications such as Gmail and Hotmail. In relation to this, you will not be able to playback dictation for the previous fields if you move to another field. It doesn’t matter if you go back to the field even then will not have access to it.
The following method for opening the ‘correction’ menu while working in Web applications is not supported by Dragon at present.
They are mentioned below.
- The Hotkey is the minus sign key.
- Then the double-click on the selected text.
- The Correction button is available on the DragonBar Extras toolbar.
- The ‘Offline Mode’ is also not applicable for working with Web-based documents. And adding to that to play the back dictation you would have to use the voice commands like ‘Play that back’, ‘Read that,’ and ‘Read selection’. This is so as Dragon software doesn’t support the playback of dictation when the menus and buttons are used.
- If you use the ‘Paste it here’ option for pasting copied text in a Rich Internet Application then the software will paste the last uttered words dictated. For example;
- Try dictating “this is a test” then say “copy that”; now say “only a test” then “Paste it here”. The utterance of “only a test” will be found pasted instead of the “this is a test”.
MORE STEPS ARE BELOW –
- This issue is so because the last utterance in a Rich Internet Application is always copied to the clipboard, despite a “copy” command is used or not.
- The “Undo that” and “Undo last option” commands may not work continuously. This is because the Dictation Box may tend to display text not dictated. This error usually happens when the focus of the application is on a field that cannot be edited, and then you will do the following.
- You will attempt to open the Dictation Box or
- You may choose to speak into your microphone
- This will you will prompt the Dictation Box to open automatically
You will also come across some Limitations of Dragon Web Extension that support specific to a selected supported browser.
Few such browsers are mentioned below-
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
To know about the supported features for the above browsers you have the experts who can you can give a call to anytime and get the related information.
Now we hope that in the above information we have provided all that you would like to know. As well as the information should be of great help to you for understanding the Limitations of Dragon Web Extension in an easier manner.
However, if you have any confusion or some other queries then you can contact the team of experts at Dragon Naturally Speaking Customer Support. Therefore you will surely be assisted with the appropriate guidance and you will get the topmost answers to all your queries.