Naturally Speaking unable to Detect Headset
In this blog, you will learn about Naturally Speaking unable to Detect Headset. We know the Dragon Naturally Speaking program required a microphone to dictate. And choosing the right headset with a microphone is important as well.
Not all headset with microphone are supported by Dragon Naturally speaking program, and also sometimes even when we have a right Best headset for Dragon Naturally Speaking doesn’t detect the headset plug it. So, we discuss how to fix this problem and get the Dragon working on our system.
For selecting the right headset which is compatible with your Dragon Naturally Speaking program checks the headset list which is certified by Nuance on the Nuance website is www.nuance.com.
Type of Naturally Speaking unable to Detect Headset
- USB Type
- 5 jack
- Wireless Headset (Bluetooth)
USB headsets are regarded as best for the Dragon Naturally Speaking program because of their easy installation. Just plug n play works with a USB headset so many users find USB headsets as easy with Dragon Naturally Speaking.
3.5 jack headsets are old now and sometimes we need a proper Audio Driver to set up the headset on a new generation computer with the new operating system.
Wireless headsets are also good connectivity mode for Dragon and very easy to set up to our computer with Bluetooth, just need to turn on the Bluetooth on both the device computer and the headset.
A Common Issue Naturally Speaking Unable to Detect Headset
The most common issue we come across while setting up a headset with your Dragon program
1. Unable to detect the headset.
2. Headset detect by computer but not showing on Dragon Naturally Speaking device list.
How to resolve it Naturally Speaking Unable to Detect Headset
- Find out if your Headset USB is properly plugin into the computer USB port.
- Check if your Bluetooth is turned on or off on both headset and computer.
- See if your microphone 3.5 jack is properly plugin on the right Audio port.
- Also, check your headset whether it’s compatible with the Dragon Naturally Speaking program
- Check if your headset driver is installed properly on your computer if the driver is required for it.
Sometimes the computer doesn’t detect the headset even after the driver is installed in this case we need a restart of the computer after the driver is installed.