Dragon Professional Individual 15
If you are using Dragon Professional Individual 15 and Microsoft Office on Windows Operating systems 7 or later, you may meet these issues. Use Dragon Professional Individual 15 upgrade so that you don’t face the given problems:
- Cursor jumps while you dictate in an e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook and/or Word.
- Sluggish and slow performance of Dragon Professional Individual 15 while using Microsoft Outlook and/or Word.
- The issue with Full-Text Control (FTC) while you dictate an e-mail message.
- Microsoft Outlook and/or Word crashes.
It is important to update Dragon Professional Individual 15 to fix the above issues.
How to Update Dragon Individual 15
Update for Dragon Professional Individual 15 was released on February 8th, 2018. These two updates were:
- Dragon Professional Individual 15.3
- Dragon Legal Individual 15.3
A list of issues resolved in the version 15.3 update, system requirements, and update/upgrade instructions are available in the following release notes.
Nuance Dragon Professional Individual 15 Release Notes
Here we discuss, those issues which fixed after the update, the instructions to update them,
- Dragon Professional Individual
- Dragon Legal Individual
Issues: Microsoft Office
- After the update to version 15.3, the slow performance and issues with software hang got fixed.
- In Outlook, when you try to write an email message, the commands no longer stop working once you add a signature or image to an email message.
- Cursor jumps no longer continue to trouble you.
- When you reply to an email in the reading pane, it does not close the reading pane unexpectedly,
- After the update to Dragon Professional Individual 15.3 Office applications do not fail anymore.
- In-Office applications, Loss of Full-Text Control or focus no more comes.
- In-Office applications, dictation works just fine without any bottlenecks.
- It also fixed the well-known “Runtime error R6025 – pure virtual function call”. This error message does not come up while you dictate in Microsoft Word 2010.
- When you give the command and say, “Scroll Down” or “Page Down” in an Office document or email message, the document does not scroll back up automatically.
Dragon Professional Web Extension on the browser will help you to dictate into standard HTML edit controls and use Full-Text Control. You can now select, change, and correct your dictated text in browser-based applications.
After installing Dragon naturally speaking 15, to install the new extension, first, open your browser and follow the installation steps.
Steps to Install and enable the Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional Web Extension on your browser.
If you are using Internet Explorer, you should install both an extension and a plugin. And for Chrome and Firefox, you should only install the extension.
The Dragon Professional Web Extension is currently not available for the Microsoft Edge browser.
Browser Requirements for Dragon Professional Web Extension
- Make sure to enable HTML Support on the Options dialog box.
- If using Internet Explorer, you must select Enable third-party browser extensions choice.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the “Tools” icon, select “Internet options”.
- When the “Internet Options” dialog box opens.
- Click the “Advanced tab”.
- In the Browsing section, select the Enable third-party browser extensions option and then click OK.
- Close and then reopen Internet Explorer.
How To install the Dragon Professional Web Extension:
- On your computer, open Internet Explorer.
- A dialogue box appears when you first open Internet Explorer after Dragon update installation.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions and install the web extension.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- A dialogue box appears when you first open Firefox after Dragon update installation.
- Click Continue.
- Follow the instructions and install the web extension.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- A dialogue box appears when you first open Chrome after Dragon update installation.
- Click Continue.
- Chrome prompts you to install the web extension.
- Click “Add to Chrome”.
- Chrome prompts you to confirm the installation.
- Click Add extension.
- Chrome will install the web extension.
Switch the Dragon Bar from Classic to Modern view to get Full-Text Control.
For the Canadian English region, the command “Correct” now works properly.
You cannot dictate in read-only fields anymore.
When you dictate in Microsoft Word and then switch between applications or put Dragon to sleep the Playback feature now continues to work without any trouble.
Key features and benefits
- With next-generation speech recognition technology that adapts to your voice even while you’re dictating, it’s faster and more accurate than before.
- Create, format, and edit audio files fast and easily.
- Create custom words easily, such as proper names and industry jargon.
- To incorporate frequently-used text and visuals, create custom voice commands.
- Take notes on the move with a Nuance-approved digital recorder for subsequent automatic transcription.
- Sync modifications with the Dragon Anywhere mobile app to continue working on documents on the go.
- Work on popular form factors like portable touchscreen PCs with ease.
- With improved assistance, it’s even easier to get started.
How to Update Dragon Professional Individual
- Close any other open programs on your computer.
- Contact the support to get the 15.3 service pack installation file.
- Turn off your anti-virus program until the installation completes.
- Double-click on the DPI15DOT3.exe file to run the installer.
- You will find the installation dialog box appears on the screen.
- Select your language first and then click on OK.
- Click Update to begin the installation.
- When the installation completes, click Finish.
- You may get an error message “Files Locked error when installing over Dragon Professional Individual version 15.3.”
- In this case, restart your computer and install dragon version 15.3 again.
Problem using Dragon Web Extension/Web Applications
To fix the issues related to use Dragon Web Extension / Web Applications, there are few steps to follow:
- Restart the browser after the installation of Dragon Web Extension
- Dragon Web Extension is compatible with
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Google Chrome, the latest version
- The Dragon Web Extension is not applicable for the Microsoft Edge browser.
- You cannot click Web page objects by voice in Edge.
- If you want to use a different language, you must create another user profile with that language and then open that user profile when you need it.
- Dragon Professional Individual 15.3 does not support playback of dictation using menus and buttons in Web applications.
- If you want to playback dictation in Web applications, use voice commands, like “Play that back”, “Read that”, and “Read selection.”
Blog You Might Be Interested In:-
Dragon Professional Individual 15 upgrade
In case you purchased Dragon Naturally Speaking version 12 or 13 and noticed a huge gap in your productivity – then wait till you attempt Dragon Professional 15. Improvements to out-of-the-box precision in comparison to Dragon 12/13/14,
Dragon Professional Individual 15 knows you put the words on the screen quicker than previously. Not just that but once you need to make a correction, Dragon learns, which makes it more precise than the more frequently you use it.
With upgrades from earlier versions of Dragon accessible, in addition to an upgrade from Premium to Professional, we’ve got all you have to keep moving ahead toward the greatest voice recognition program.
What is the latest version of Dragon Professional Individual?
- 15.6 Dragon Professional Individual.
- Dragon Legal Individual 15.6.
Dragon Professional Individual US English version 15 box pack
Academic – Win – Nuance Dragon Professional Individual – US English – (v. 15) – box pack – 1 user – academic The academic versions come with additional pre-loaded educational vocabulary.
Features of Dragon Professional Individual
Work more efficiently with powerful customizations
Imagine saying “Insert signature” and Dragon automatically fills in your contact information, or speaking the industry-specific language and Dragon properly typing every word – every time. Dragon Professional Individual’s advanced personalization capabilities, such as the ability to generate custom commands and custom terms, allow you to personalize it to the way you work for significant productivity benefits.
- Get documentation done anytime, anywhere
Maintain documentation whether on the road or in the field. Dragon is compatible with a variety of popular form factors, including portable touchscreen PCs. It also syncs with Dragon Anywhere, a distinct cloud-based mobile dictation system that lets you produce and edit documents of any length by voice right on your mobile device, allowing you to stay productive no matter where your job takes you.
Fast and accurate documentation
Dragon’s speech engine uses Deep Learning technology to react to changes in your voice or the environment- even while you’re speaking. Create documents and reports fast and accurately, and do computer activities in a flash – all with the help of your voice.
- Dictate anywhere, transcribe back at your desktop
Don’t let business travel cause you to fall behind on reports and other paperwork. When you connect to your desktop and dictate into a digital voice recorder, Dragon will automatically transcribe the recordings. You can also use pre-recorded audio files or podcasts to transcribe the voice of another single speaker. Transcription is now faster and easier than ever before thanks to a streamlined setup.
How do you Dragon Professional Individual 15 training?
- Select Audio>Improve word or phrase recognition from the DragonBall. The dialogue window for training appears.
- Choose a word, phrase, or command to use.
- Select Train. The dialogue window for Train Words appears.
- Then pronounce your word or phrase after clicking Train.
- Save the file.
FAQ for Dragon Professional Individual 15
Answer) What is the maximum number of PCs on which I can install Dragon? Nuance grants one license of the program for prior consumer editions of Dragon voice recognition, such as the Home and Premium Editions. This means that Dragon can be installed on a single computer at a single physical location.
Answer) For sophisticated recording functionality, Dragon Professional Individual supports Nuance-approved digital voice recorders and smartphones, and it can automatically transcribe audio files to text on your PC. Dragon Professional Individual allows you to operate the way you desire while on the road, maximizing your productivity.
Answer) Unlike Dragon Home, Dragon Professional Individual allows you to create and edit spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel while maintaining complete control over your speech-to-text conversion. It also allows you to construct unique voice commands for common texts, which makes editing much faster and simple.
Answer) The all-new Dragon Professional Individual 15, a better next-generation speech recognition system, enables busy professionals to perform documentation and reporting on the PC quickly and accurately, allowing them to spend more time on activities that increase profits.
Answer) Pros: It’s precision and the ability to record text as well as perform commands. Multiple languages are available. Adapts by accumulating a user profile over time. I purchased Dragon NS version 13 Premium in 2016 and was pleasantly pleased by how advanced speech recognition has become in recent years.
Answer) The Dragon voice recognition software is more advanced than ever before. Your words display on the screen as you speak. Your computer will accept your commands if you say them loudly enough. Dragon is 3 times faster than typing and is 100% accurate.